Last Updated: 09/24/13
What information about me is collected and stored?
What information we collect and store depends in part upon how you use our Services.
In some instances, you may provide information directly to us. For example, you may provide information when you participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, create an account, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, company information, employment and education information, comments and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition to information that you provide, we may also collect information automatically, such as:
- Log Information: Our servers log your use of our Services, including web pages viewed, your IP address, access times, the type of browser you use and the page you visited before navigating to ourServices.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: With your prior consent, we may collect the precise location of your device to provide location-based services in connection with our mobile applications. Please see “Your choices” below for details about how to disable this information collection.
- Speed Information: In connection with our I-70 Traffic app, we collect the real-time speed at which your device is traveling.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information. This may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as tracking pixels). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use your information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send related information, including confirmations;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Foraker and other companies, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Process your employment application;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Foraker is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How do we share the information we collect?
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as marketing, analytics, credit card processing, shipping or stocking orders and fraud prevention;
- If you provide information to us for the purpose of making it public (for example, on a blog or forum that we operate), we may publish such information via our Services. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any information that you expect to keep private;
- If you use our I-70 Traffic app, we may share information about you with ski resort operators and other third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, please see "Your Choices" below for more information about this sharing.
- We may provide aggregate, de-identified information derived from information we collect to other companies or individuals. Any information we share in this manner cannot reasonably be used to identify you;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- In response to a request for information if it is required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Foraker or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
What steps do we take to protect your information?
Foraker takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Analytics services provided by others.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request regarding the information we may share about you in connection with your use of the I-70 Traffic app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail messages and e-newsletters from Foraker by following the instructions located within those e-mail messages. You may also unsubscribe from our e-newsletter by visiting this page: www.foraker.com/newsletter-signup/.
- Location Information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you may subsequently stop the collection of this information by changing the settings on your mobile device. If you do so certain features of our mobile applications may not function properly. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile applications from your device.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- I-70 Traffic app. You may opt out of allowing the I-70 Traffic app to collect certain analytics information provided by other companies by modifying your app settings.